Connecting the Stories: How to Use Scripture in Personal Ministry
1. Some passages speak more clearly to certain issues that others, but all passages provide a lens through which to view any issue.
2. In ministry to others, we move from life to text or text to life.
3. Some passages are more easily used in ministry situations than others.
4. Major on connections that arise from the passage as a whole, not so much on isolated phrases.
5. Remember that all passages are linked some way to Jesus Christ and His redemptive work.
Adapted from the book, CrossTalk: Where Life & Scripture Meet, Michael R. Emlet. New Growth Press, Greensboro, NC. 2009. 83-88.
Read the Introduction and Chapter 1 (PDF)